Learn Magic Tricks! Become a Magician! Put on a Magic Show!
Create a Magic Show
Unleash Some Magic in Your Classroom
With a partner from this class, you must find and rehearse six magic tricks to amaze and fascinate your classmates. You have seven days to prepare for this performance so it has to be entertaining.
We will be putting on several shows over the course of next week. We will film our performances for prosperity, do performances for other classes in the school, go busking at lunchtime and maybe do an assembly item.
What are some of the places you could find solutions to a task like this?
- Ask a friend or a parent if they have a favorite trick they could show you.
- Borrow a book from a library
- See if your local DVD shop has any movies.
- Do a web search.
- Do any of your friends have a magic kit they could share with you?
- Try your luck on YouTube
What will be the key features of a performance like this?
- You must have outrageous stage names.
- The show must be done in the format of master and sidekick.
- HAM IT UP! – You are all in this together so enjoy it so entertain each other.
- No matter how lame the trick the audience must be ‘astounded’ and show appreciation.
- All banter is to be grandiose.
Watch some famous magicians on Youtube to get some ideas on persona. e.g. Penn & Teller